In trying to make my own Thanksgiving decor, here's a banner I made to hang on the wall. I only spent $0.74 on the burlap since I already had the other supplies!
4" Cut of Fabric (for the letters)
1/4 Yard of Applique
1/4 Yard of Burlap
1 1/2 Yards of Ribbon
Here's how I made it:
1. I grabbed a fabric I liked and ironed on applique to the wrong side.
2. In Microsoft Word, I used "American Typewriter" font, size 250, and in Text Effects I picked an outline of the font for easy cutting.
3. Trace the letters backwards onto the applique and then cut them out.
4. I also made my triangle shape in Microsoft Word using the Shapes button.
5. Then I cut out the burlap using my triangle pattern and sewed a 1/4" seam around the edges of them to prevent fraying.
6. Peel off the applique and iron on the letters to your burlap.
7. Cut 1" straight lines into your triangles for the ribbon to go through.
8. String through the ribbon and you're done!