Monday, September 6, 2010

Felt Play Food - Sugar Cookie Tutorial

Naomi wanted to know how to make felt food... 
here is my star-shaped sugar cookie tutorial! (With sprinkles of course).

1. Make a star-shaped pattern on Microsoft Word (under "shapes") and cut it out - one of the white and one of the tan felt. In the picture above I made two so that's why there's two of each!
2. Cut out and stitch on your sprinkles - I think beads would be really cute here but I didn't have any so I improvised with little felt circles! 
3. Start stitching around the edges - I started with the inside of the tan felt (so the end of the thread stays inside the cookie). Then, I stuck in the needle in the top like the picture above, and back around the tan felt again like the picture below.

4. Once you've stitched around the edge on three points of the star, stick some batting in.
5. Finish stitching, and you have your felt sugar cookie! 

- I took the liberty of looking up other felt patterns and found this amazing blog with TONS of patterns! 
If you look to the left of the page you click on, she has other tutorials for felt food like green beans, carrots, broccoli, kiwi, french fries....etc! (I think I found a new favorite blog!)

No comments: